Hiding text messages can help you to protect your privacy, avoid embarrassment, and keep others from snooping. We can easily prevent our friends from reading our private messages by hiding our text messages.
It’s usually very simple to hide or unhide text messages on our phones, but sometimes it becomes challenging, such as if you’re new to your phone’s OS and don’t know it very well, or you’ve accidentally hidden messages and don’t know how to get back your important text message, so it can be difficult to see hidden text messages for you.
There’s no need to be concerned if you’re having similar issues and are sick of them. In this article, we will go over in detail how to see hidden text messages on Android?
How to See Hidden Text Messages on Android?
On Messaging App
Who doesn’t know how to hide text messages on an Android phone? A text message can be hidden in our messaging app by long-tapping on it and selecting it. Then, tap on the archive option, and your text message will be hidden.
If your mobile messaging app doesn’t have an archived option, you can hide text messages using third-party apps available on the Google Play Store, such as privacy messenger.
If you use the archived option to hide a text message, you can easily view your hidden text message by tapping on three dots. Then, tap on Settings, and tap on the archived folder. All of your hidden text messages will be displayed here. To unhide this message simply long tap on the archived message and then tap on the unarchived option and the message will be unhidden.
WhatsApp is the most well-known messenger app in the world, and it’s now used more than our standard messaging app. Because it’s simple to use and has many features. We can easily hide and unhide chats on WhatsApp to protect our privacy. To hide or unhide your WhatsApp chat, follow the steps outlined below.
To Hide a Chat:
- Long tap on a chat you want to hide.
- Select chat, then tap on the archived option at the top.
- Now your conversation has now been archived.
- However, you will notice an archived folder at the top of chats.
- To make this folder disappear from the top of chats.
- Tap on archived folders, then three dots, and then uncheck “keep chat archived.”
- The Archived folder will be removed from the top.
To See Hidden Chat:
- When you disable the “keep chat archived” option.
- The archived folder will be moved from the top to the bottom.
- At the bottom of your chats, you’ll find an archived folder.
- You can view your hidden chats here.
- If you want to switch from archived to normal chats.
- Long-tap on a chat in the archived folder and then tap the unarchived option at the top.
- Now your chat will be moved to normal chats.
The second most popular app among Android users is Facebook Messenger. It’s a great messenger for chatting with our Facebook friends. Hiding or unhiding a chat on Facebook Messenger is as simple as it’s on WhatsApp; simply follow the steps outlined below to hide or unhide a chat.
To Hide a Chat on Messenger:
- Launch the Messenger app.
- Tap and hold on to a chat to hide it.
- It will show some options, select the menu.
- Tap the archive option at the top of the screen.
- Your chat is now hidden.
To See your Hidden Chat:
- Tap on your messenger profile.
- Scroll down to find the archived folder.
- Tap on it, and all your hidden chats will be displayed here, or type the person’s name in the top search bar, you’ve hidden, and it will be displayed on search.
To Get Back your Hidden Chat:
- After locating your hidden chat via search or in an archived folder, tap on it and send a quick message.
- Your chat will be unhidden after you send a message.
For more understanding watch the tutorial below.
How to Hide or Unhide a Text Message on Lock Screen
Hiding a text message notification on the lock screen is necessary for privacy because if someone picks up your phone, even if it’s locked, they can read your text message. It’s necessary to set your notification hide on the lock screen if you don’t hide your text message notification from settings. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to your phone’s settings.
- Scroll down to find apps and notifications.
- Tap on it, then scroll down and tap on notifications.
- Now, select “On Lock Screen.”
- Select “hide sensitive content” to hide text messages displayed on the lock screen.
- To remove this setting, repeat the preceding steps, but this time select “show all notifications.”
To learn more about it, watch the tutorial below.
It’s very simple to locate hidden text messages on your Android phone. Text messages can be easily hidden or unhidden by using archived mode in your messaging app or on third-party apps.
We have discussed in detail how to see hidden text messages on Android? We hope this guide will be helpful for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Subscribe to our newsletter!