Do you want to know how to remove camera on lock screen on android phone? The camera and call shortcuts that appear by default on the lock screen make it easy to access your camera and call logs, but they can be annoying at times, and we don’t want them on our lock screen.
Because they may cause privacy concerns if the camera app icon and call app appear icon on your phone lock screen. Anyone who picks up your phone can access your Android phone’s camera app and call records, causing a huge effect on your privacy restrictions. If you want to change them with other apps for easy access, you don’t have to worry about it. In this article, I’ll go over in detail how to remove or replace the app that appears on your phone’s lock screen.
How To Remove Camera On Lock Screen On Android?
The method we will discuss in this article will be the same on all mobile devices, but the names of options may differ slightly, so don’t worry about it. Let’s begin by removing shortcuts from the mobile phone lock screen.
Remove Shortcuts From Lock Screens
If you don’t want apps on your phone’s lock screen and want to remove them, follow the steps outlined below.
- First, unlock your Android phone.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the security option.
- Locate the screen lock and click on it.
- Scroll down to find the shortcuts option.
- Toggle off the shortcuts option.
- You’ll be able to remove apps from the lock screen after turning it off.
- If you can’t find it, go to display settings.
- Tap on the home screen and turn off the camera app shortcut on your lock screen.
Also Read: How To Get Better Camera Quality On Android?
Replace Shortcut On Lock Screen?
If you do not want to remove shortcuts from the lock screen but want to replace them with others apps that are important to you, then follow the steps outlined below.
- As previously stated, go to your phone’s settings>Security>Lock screen>Shortcuts.
- After tapping on it, you’ll see various customization options, such as on Samsung, we can change app icons into floating buttons.
- To change the apps on the lock screen, tap on the left shortcut and choose the new one.
- After selecting the left app, select the right shortcut and tap on the desired app.
- After you’ve changed the settings, lock your phone, and you’ll notice that the apps have been replaced with new ones.
This is how you can replace the camera app shortcuts with others with simple and easy steps. But if it’s difficult to understand for you then watch the tutorial below it will solve your problem.
How To Add New Apps on Lock Screens On Oppo Phones
The process of removing the camera app on Oppo phones may vary. Because there is no option to remove lock screen icons in Oppo UI, they can be removed using a trick. If you own an Oppo and want to remove the lock screen icon, follow the steps outlined below.
- Go to your Oppo theme app to remove the icon.
- Because we don’t have the option to remove icons, you’ll need to choose a theme that doesn’t have app icons on the lock screen area.
- Theme can be free or paid, so make sure to read the details and apply the theme before paying for it.
- This is the simplest method for removing shortcuts from the lock screen on Oppo mobile phones.
How To Secure Your Phone From Camera?
As we all know, technology advances at a rapid speed, and our privacy is at risk. When we install an app on our Android phone, it requires various types of permission in order to function. These permissions include camera access, microphone access, storage access, and others. When you allow these access to apps then they can use your mobile phone camera, microphone, contacts, and so on. That is why it is critical to understand what steps we can take to avoid these dangers.
To begin, we must understand the indicators that an app is using our camera or microphone. For example, if you are using an iPhone and an app uses your camera, an orange light will appear on the top. On Android, it will show an icon pop-up on the top right side corner especially on mobile with android 12 when an app uses those sensors.
On Samsung phones, we can avoid this by turning off the sensors. To enable this option, go to phone settings and developer options, then scroll down and look for quick settings developer tiles, tap on it, and toggle on the sensor off feature. Following that, it will appear in the notification panel or quick settings. If you enable this option, no app will be able to access your phone’s camera or microphone. The drawback is that you cannot access your camera while this option is enabled. So make sure to enable it when necessary.
However, this feature is not available on some phones and we can’t completely prevent this on some mobile phones, but we can take steps to prevent the majority of it. To do so, go to your phone’s settings and scroll down to find app settings. Once there, tap on it and click on the app you don’t want them to use your phone’s camera, and then turn off camera access permission for that app. Check that you didn’t grant permission to any unnecessary apps. This is the only way to prevent those apps from accessing your phone’s camera.
This is the method of how to remove the camera app from the lock screen and preventing the spyware apps from accessing the camera and microphone. As you know, phone data is always at stake, so privacy is very important in this era of technology. You need to take precautions to protect your privacy and keep your phone safe. Try all the measures discussed in this article and be secure. In the comments section, let us know what precautions you have taken to protect your phone data from hackers, spyware, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter!