Smartphones are an essential part of our lives, and we rely on them to store a huge range of personal information. This includes our contacts, calendar, photos, and even text messages. That’s why our phones are always at risk of losing our private data. This can be a major headache, which is why many people use standard screen locks to protect their data, but this is insufficient.
You must take additional steps to secure your phone. One of the most effective and easiest ways to make your phone more secure is by using App Lock. By locking certain apps, you can prevent anyone from accessing them without your permission. This is a simple way to keep your phone data safe from theft and make sure that no unauthorized person can access your personal information.
There are many apps available on the Google Play Store that provides the service of locking an app. However, these apps also have many flaws and security threats, making them unsuitable for locking your phone apps. In order to resolve this problem, we have to lock our phone apps without using a third-party app. If you don’t know how to do it, we’ll show you in this article how to lock apps without any app.
How To Lock Apps On Android Without App?
Modern smartphones have in-built app locking features that can be used to secure apps without the need to install a third-party app. By locking an app, you prevent others from accessing it. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to lock an app without an app.
Samsung has one of the most efficient operating systems, and it is packed with features to meet the expectations of its users. Samsung’s older mobile phones had an app lock feature in the security section, which was later changed to the Secure Folder feature. However, if you have an old Samsung phone, you can still use that feature by going to settings> security option> enable app lock and choose your lock settings, select the apps you want to lock and you’re done.
But, if you have a phone running Android 7.0 or later, you will have access to the Secure Folder feature, which you can use to protect your private data in apps, but it may be difficult to set up. To easily set up Secure Folder, follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to your Phone’s settings.
- Select Lock Screen and Security.
- Tap on Secure Folder.
- It might prompt you to sign in to your Samsung Account.
- Simply enter your account information and log in.
- Then, select the type of lock screen you want and press the next button.
- Set the lock as you want.
- It will create a Secure Folder for you.
- This folder will be displayed in your app drawer.
- After you’ve enabled this feature, go to the app drawer and launch the Secure Folder app.
- Some apps are included by default, which you can remove.
- If you want to add an app, tap the plus icon at the top, which will display all of the apps on your phone.
- Choose the apps you want to secure.
How Does It Work?
When you add an app to this folder, it creates a secure copy of that app that functions as an individual app. You can delete the original app after adding it to Secure Folder, and it will not affect the app in the folder. The most important thing to remember is that if you add WhatsApp to the Secure Folder, it will act as if you installed it from the Play Store and it will have no data, so you will have to set it up again. The original one can be deleted outside the app after you set it up.
Also Read: How to Decrypt an Encrypted Phone?
Xiaomi is the world’s third-largest mobile phone vendor in terms of unit sales. This is due to the fact that their phones offer a plethora of features at reasonable prices. This is because Xiaomi phones have all of the features that users want, and app lock is one of the most popular. It is very easy to set up an app lock on a Xiaomi phone by following the steps outlined below, and this method will work on all devices that run MIUI, such as the Redmi and Poco.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Tap on App Lock.
- At the bottom, tap on Turn On.
- Choose the security lock you want.
- It will ask you to sign in to your Mi account, if you don’t want then tap on not now.
- Tap on Use App Lock Now at the bottom.
- Now Toggle On in the front of the apps that you want to lock and you’re done.
Oppo is a well-known mobile phone brand in the mobile industry. Oppo users generally have positive things to say about the phone’s materials and construction, as well as its design and functionality. The operating system of Oppo is also very impressive, with many features. It provides App Lock functionality in its operating system, and you can set it up by following the steps below. This method also works with Oppo’s sub-brands like OnePlus and Realme.
- Navigate to your Phone’s settings.
- Select Face & Passcode.
- Select Privacy Passcode.
- Enable Privacy Passcode.
- Create a Password.
- After that, it will ask you to answer a question that will be used to unlock the app if you forget your password.
- After you’ve saved it, go to App Lock.
- Now enable lock on the apps you want, then tap on Enable Encryption at the bottom and then tap on Use.
Also Read: How To Fix Corrupted Files On Android Phone?
Vivo is well-known for its beautiful phone designs and user interfaces, which make them simple and enjoyable to use. They provide an intuitive experience that attracts users. When it comes to features, Vivo also competes; it offers all the features that a user will need, such as app lock. You can quickly enable app lock on a Vivo phone by following the steps outlined below.
- Open your Phone’s settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Fingerprint, Face, and Password.
- Tap on Privacy and App Encryption.
- Enter the passcode, and if you want to use another method, tap the Password Option and choose the method.
- After that, configure your lock as you want.
- Now, select App Encryption.
- To lock the apps, toggle on in front of them and you’re done.
To sum up, there’s no need to use an extra app when you can take one simple step that will ensure your apps stay safe. In just a few seconds, you can lock apps on Android without using any third-party app. Just head over to the navigation bar and tap on the settings icon and then security and you will get your apps lock feature.
We have discussed the method for all popular brands, but if you’re using phones from brands like Techno or Infinix, the process is the same. Go to settings and security and look for apps lock there. App lock of system is more secure than third-party apps as you won’t have access to the files in these apps. If you have any question about this query then feel free to ask in the comment section.
Also Read: How To Find Corrupt Apps On Android?